Monday, February 2, 2009

More Movies for 2009

I don't know how this one escaped me when I typed up my list of "Movies To See In 2009" but it did, and for that I am sorry.



While usually Dreamworks Animation stuff is hit or miss with me, but this one seems really solid. A strong, recognizable cast (Seth Rogen, Steven Colbert, Hugh Laurie, Will Arnett and Reese Witherspoon), top quality animation and more importantly a fun story. Dreamworks may as they say be on a roll.


Because I haven't used an image yet

Which factors in well if you're a reader of Jim Hill Media where today's article is about how Disney should get out of the CG animation business and focus solely on their hand drawn feature animation again and leave the CG to their Pixar division.

But I digress.

Now that the Super Bowl has happened we've been allowed looks at two other blockbusters for this coming summer. Strangely enough, both of them based off of cartoons that were created in the 80's to sell toys.




G.I. Joe looks promising, but if not for Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow bouncing around you really wouldn't be able to tell what you were watching until they threw up the title at the end.

I think a better title would probably be: Holy Crap Ninjas and Sienna Miller in Glasses! But that really doesn't look too good on an action figure blister.


Still seeing this



Transformers looks to have more of exactly what people liked in the first one, namely giant transforming robots, explosions and Megan Fox. It's like a Michael Bay wet dream.


+

=


But regardless, how awesome is it to be an 80's kid right now?

Hopefully soon we'll get a kick ass Thundercats flick and all will be right with the world.

No comments: