Tuesday, June 30, 2009

New Old Republic.

At E3 2009 BioWare released a trailer that has stopped Star Wars fanboy's hearts. It was of "Star Wars: The Old Republic", an MMO set in the Star Wars universe over 3,500 years before Luke and Vader. Other then that very little is known about the game. However, the trailer shown below, has me damning my inability to travel to the future and play this game. I know there are others like me, so this is what I am doing to keep my Star Wars nerd-dom sedated.


Watch the Trailer Again.

Easy enough. Hell, I just embedded it right here for you.







Play "Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic"


BioWare's first bought in the Star Wars universe set even a longer time ago in a galaxy far far away. The game was released for both the PC and original Xbox. If you don't own a copy I'd suggest purchasing the "Star Wars: Best of the PC" box, which can be found new on sites like Amazon for about $38. If you are looking to pick up "KOTOR" alone be ready to drop close to $90 on it new.

Pop "KOTOR" back in and familiarize yourself with the setting. The Mandalorian War has just ended but a new threat to Galactic peace has risen. "KOTOR" does start a little slow and the battle mechanic takes some getting use to. However, once you get your first lightsabre the game really picks up. Plus, the puzzles in the game are unique and fun. Overall "KOTOR" is a great Star Wars game buy it, barrow it, play it.


Build a Lightsabre.


Yes, build your very own lightsabre. I have so it can't be that hard. All it takes is a few trips to the plumbing section of your local hardware store, an L.E.D. and some tinkering. Maybe I will write another post on the step by steps, but for now here is what a few hours of work and $60 got me:



Check out http://www.thecustomsabershop.com to learn more about the process of constructing a new lightsabre and then your skills will be complete.

Read Star Wars Comics.


Dark Horse Comics is the home for Star Wars comics, and tomorrow (July 1) releases a new book: "Star Wars: Invasion #1". I'll be jumping on this book with the #1, all the reviews I have read about the Dark Horse Star Wars line have been glowing. Invasion joins the line along side "Legacy" (follows Cade Skywalker the last descendant of Luke Skywalker) "Clone Wars" (Anakin Skywalker pre Vader post puberty) and "Knights of the Old Republic" (yes, based on the game you should have played by now).

Hope that helps stoke your Star Wars love enough to hold you over, if not keep checking back.


No comments: