Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Waiting to “Get a Life”...

Today we present an article by guest (and soon to be regular) columnist John. Scope it out:

As a boy that was raised by TV, I have been impacted by many a show. The strange and wonderness (a word I just made up) of Chris Elliot's show Get a Life have haunted me for the past 19 years.



This show was very popular in the Wetherwax household, (maybe nowhere else) as my father (Dad), sister (Sis) and I (Me) loved it. Get a Life ran from 1990-1992 and aired 35 hilarious episodes; My fav being the day the 30 year old paper boy (Chris Elliot) gets the submarine he ordered from the back of a comic book when he was 10. Then he and his father put the sub together only to get trapped inside. (A must see)... Oh yeah you can’t!

Because Fox only released 8 episodes on 4 video cassette tapes through Rhino Home Video. Then back in 2000 before DVD’s were the shit, they rereleased those 8 episodes on 2 DVD sets (that are now out of print). Why can’t I get this show on DVD when every store has bargain bins full of shitty DVD sets?

"Oh hey, I just bought the third season of Monk. You get anything John?"
"NO! Cause Get a Life ain’t for sale! And Monk fucking sucks Mom!"
"Oh John, you need to Get a Life!"

Yes I do.

No comments: