Wednesday, November 26, 2008

II Am Legend?

So rumor has it that there's a sequel in the works for the flick I Am Legend.

Which may be hard considering that, you know, Will Smith's character dies at the end, oh and spoiler alert for people who don't know that Will Smith dies at the end of this movie from last year.

Now don't get me wrong, I really dug this film, in fact I'd go so far as to say I liked it a lot. But this is going to be a straight up sequel, focusing on what I guess would wind up being Will Smith's charred corpse, shuffling around the floor of his basment lab or something.

Originally the plan was to have a prequel (I think I owe George Lucas a dime for using that word), in which we see Smith's character, Dr. Robert Neville trying to fight a losing battle across, as the disease slowly spreads to pockets of survivors across NYC. But I guess this idea was scrapped since the studio would basically be making a pointless prequel since everyone would know Neville's quest was all for naught if they had seen the first film, or second film I guess it would be then.

So instead we MAY (being the operative word here) get a sequel.

Which would make sense had the studio used the original ending they filmed:



and not the second one where, well the Fresh Prince becomes slightly less fresh after blowing up his lab with a grenade.


They could have used the original ending but thought, "nah forget it".

If we're somehow lucky, this sequel will center around Neville's ghost palin' around with his wacky break dancing cousin, and together they solve mysteries and bring down a corrupt toy company. Also, Sinbad guest stars.

But this movie would have to be made in the 80's somehow.


No comments: