Monday, November 3, 2008

The List - 11/03

It's hard to believe that it's already been a week, but once again it's time for the weekly pull list from Diamond Comics New Releases:



Final Crisis Resist #1 - $3.99 - I tried out Checkmate when it began publication and it honestly didn't do anything for me. I've always enjoyed Greg Rucka's writing , but the title just didn't hit me. But based on the strength of not only Final Crisis but the various tie in books as well, I think I definitely need to give this one a shot.

Secret Six #3 - $2.99 - After Villains United, and the subsequent Secret Six minis I'm positive that Gail Simone can do no wrong with these characters. I originally passed on this title with the argument that I was cutting back on my comics, but after reading a friends copy of #1 I realized that there was no way I could pass it up.

Terra #1 - $2.99 - Still unsure about this one. I love Amanda Palmer's artwork, but Jimmy Palmiotti's kind of hit or miss with me. I'm curious about the new Terra character and how she'll play out with what's been going on with Geo-Force (especially after the amazing Last Will and Testament one-shot a couple months ago).

Terror Titans #2 - $2.99 - The first issue was pretty strong, mostly based on McKeever's handling of Ravager. He makes her a genuinely interesting character, and I honestly have to say if it was another Titans character starring in this book, I'd probably pass on it.

Trinity #23 - $2.99 - Almost halfway through DC's third weekly series, and I have to say this one has been a success. For the amount of work the teams involved are putting out, this series is amazingly strong. If this was a monthly series I probably would have stuck with it, but it works very well in the weekly format.

No comments: