Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Repo: The Genetic Opera

So two things I love are horror/sci-fi movies and musicals.

There's no way to dance around it. I really do enjoy musicals.

So when I heard about Repo: The Genetic Opera, I was more than elated.



Yes, that is Giles from Buffy the Vampire Slayer

The combination of the two genres just made sense in my mind. This was BEFORE the film adaptation of Sweeney Todd came out, and for what it's worth Repo looks like it does it better.

The film releases this weekend, and I have to say I'm a little disappointed. Because, it turns out that it's not getting a nationwide release and is only showing in major cities. Thankfully it'll probably be released on DVD within the upcomming year, so I'll be fully able to enjoy it but for now this is the best we can get. Soundtrack clips online:





No comments: