Sunday, August 2, 2009

They Want You For More Than Just Your Brains


You’re out of breath, huddled in the back of the closet hoping they didn’t follow you. You hear them, they’re moving around the house. One just entered the room you're hiding in. If you move to brace the door it may hear you and alert the others. You know that one will be hard enough to stop, if there are two or three in the house YOU ARE DEAD cause these aren’t your parents' Zombies. Not even your older brothers' Zombies. Cause these zombies, your zombies, today’s zombies are nothing like the ones of the past. They don’t lumber around moaning for brains, our zombies will chase you ten blocks screaming and only stop to feast on some other fool who thought they could hack it in the Zombie Apocalypse. I’m ready though, I’ve done my homework. Eight years ago I spent one whole summer renting every zombie movie Blockbuster had! And I’ve kept my training going by continuing to see every zombie movie that comes out. (Well, within reason, there are a lot of BAD zombie movies! Which I have attempted to watch but the movie fan in me out ranks my zombie nerd and if it’s too bad I turn it off.) I’ve also learned and grown with the Resident Evil franchise (the video game)(the movies are crap!) In the games, much like the movies, we have seen the zombies change. The early Resident Evil games are much like George A. Romero movies with slow moving zombies and much suspense. The new era of zombie movies lead by the rage infected in 28 Days Later and Zack Snyder’s Dawn of the Dead have given us the Left 4 Dead video game. These zombies aren’t creeping slowly at you, they are pounding down doors and chasing you down! So when the dead hit the streets, just know that I’ll be there hitting back and kicking them back into the grave.

No comments: